23 of the happiest smells in the world
Wake up and smell the JOY, everybody. These are the happiest smells in the world, according to us.
- Freshly cut grass.
- Birthday cake candles.
- Old bookshops.
- The bakery section of the supermarket, specifically when the maple pecan twists are still warm.
- A newborn baby's head.
- Baby lotion (easier than having the baby).
- Toast. Why does toast smell so delicious? Nobody knows.
- Really cold, crisp, frosty winter mornings.
- The coffee you buy to warm your hands up on the cold, crisp, frosty morning.
- The old school radiator you eventually warm up your arse against on the cold, crisp, frosty morning.
- New carpets.
- The first sun cream application of the year.
- Candyfloss at a funfair. But pre-waltzers only.
- Whatever fancy stuff your hairdresser mists over you at the end of a haircut, then tries to get you to buy as though perhaps you are a secret Jenner. Nice try, lady.
- The faint whiff of your mum's perfume on a jumper while you're secretly homesick on a school residential holiday.
- Cinnamon buns. Obviously.
- Bonfire night.
- The first (successful) barbecue of summer.
- Frying bacon on a Saturday morning. Or any morning.
- Um, the vegetarian equivalent of bacon. Frying tofu? Sure.
- The distinctly nostalgic blend of PVA glue, poster paint, disinfectant and pencil sharpenings that fragrances every primary school ever.
- Beyoncé. We imagine.
*Of course, it is the law that they must always smell at least 30% better than they actually taste. The law.